Tuesday, November 17, 2009

what's up with Division Two


Now I know I promised to put a few things on this blog!  First of all here is the link to UNICEF to the grade six students who are having a bake sale to benefit UNICEF.  We are also going to sell paperblank journals to help the Nepal Library Association.  This group provides libraries and internet connections in one of the world's countries with the lowest literacy rates.  The grade sixes are also doing research into what services our community provides to help children meet their needs.  We feel very fortunate that organizations such as Sunset Community Centre and the YWCA bring programs right to our school. 

The grade seven's have been learning about life in high school with presentations about JO's mini-school and tomorrow about Ideal School at Churchill.  

We have done some fun things in the last while, visiting the downtown library, performing at the Remembrance Day ceremony, and doing a workshop on digital photography for two Monday mornings.  Apparently our slide shows that were finished are already up so if you remember our code you can have a look at Code Canada.  I am having trouble doing so right now. 

Here we are at the library in the photograph!  Remind me to take my camera to the symphony!

3 comments:

  1. This is Kevin Li.I don't think that I was given my student pin number that is needed to sign up for mini school.Can you give it to me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's your BCeSis number. Please don't use your last name on the blog for safety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we got this all straightend out-thanks Ms. Wong-good advice

    ReplyDelete