Thursday, June 3, 2010

News from Dormia

I think we had a lot of fun doing wolves today and really enjoyed having our guests from Ms. Heinrich's class as well join us.  We hope all the track meet participants had a great day as well!
I had an e-mail that I thought I would share with you... I am afraid you will have to finish reading Dormia on your own-I promise to read some more though!  This letter is from Peter.  I think you all should enter his contest!
_____________________________
Dear West Coast fans of Dormia -

Before the school year ends, I thought I'd drop you a quick update about Dormia-related happenings.  My road trip up and down the West Coast has a special place in my memory, because it kick-started all of the Dormia activities listed below. 

- Because of strong nationwide reaction to the first book, Houghton Mifflin decided to move up the release of the second book in the Dormia series.  WORLD'S END is now being released in November 2010, just a few months away.  We're so excited about the book - Alfonso is 3 years older (15), and the adventure begins when he starts sleep-walking in the Paris catacombs.  We just received the cover sketch for the second book (it's done by John Rocco, the illustrator of the Percy Jackson series and illustrator of our first book)

- We're on the verge of signing the movie rights to the Dormia series!  Over the next few months, we'll be working with our producers to choose a screenwriter, director, etc.  If you have any suggestions based on movies you've seen and would think will really get into the Dormia series, let us know!

- We have an updated electronic newsletter - the Dormian Tribune.  The most recent issue featured the first cover sketch of World's End, and other hints about book 2.  We'll be sending out a newsletter every 6 weeks or so.  You can sign up on our website

- You might also want to let your students know that for those who sign up for the Dormian Tribune between now and the end of the summer, they will be automatically entered in a contest.  The lucky winner will receive 1) an advance, signed copy of World's End, and 2) THEIR NAME will be a character in the third book!

- And last of all, the paperback version of Dormia just released and is in bookstores everywhere.  It's $8, significantly less than the hardcover  :)

I'll keep it short and end here, but if you'd like to continue following the exploits of the Dormia series, make sure to sign up for the Dormian Tribune.  And I'm hoping to return to the West Coast sometime over the next 18 months or so.  Hopefully, we can arrange a return to your school!  You can always keep in touch with me via this e-mail or by e-mailing us at info@worldofdormia.com

Thanks again, and sleep well,

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment